The following terms apply to participation in the Tipsy Toad Grove Farm 2018 Community Shared Agriculture program. Please read and understand these terms before registering to purchase a share.
1) The 2018 Tipsy Toad Grove Farm Community Shared Agriculture program ( hereafter referred to as “the CSA”) will deliver one share of products weekly to each participant, for a total of 20 weeks. Commencement of the deliveries is scheduled for late May, 2018, however the actual date will depend on weather and growing conditions.
2)Registrants in the CSA ( hereafter referred to as “customers”) agree to a non-refundable deposit of $30 to hold their place in the program. This deposit must be paid when registration is confirmed. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of registration.
3)The $30 deposit will be applied as a credit to each customer’s final payment. Customers who pay monthly will receive this credit when paying for the final month. Customers who pay for the entire season when the CSA commences will receive the credit at that time. Customers who choose to leave the CSA early will forfeit the $30 deposit.
4) Monthly payments will be due prior to or on the day of the first delivery of each month. Full season payments are due prior to or on the first day of delivery.
4) Tipsy Toad Grove Farm ( hereafter referred to as “the growers”) will notify customers of the commencement date at least one week before the first CSA delivery is scheduled. An email will be sent to customers the night before deliveries are scheduled, as a reminder.
5) Deliveries will be made twice weekly to a central public location for customer pick up. Customers will choose one of these days to receive their products during the season. Customers in the Kingston /Greenwood area may also register for home delivery, however we reserve the right to refuse home delivery based on distance or safety concerns. Home deliveries will take place on the same days that are assigned as pick up days.
6) It is the responsibility of the customer to pick up their CSA share at the chosen time or to be available for delivery as arranged. Boxes that cannot be delivered will be held for 24 hours and then donated to a local food bank.
7) The growers will make every effort to provide a selection of produce each week that meets or exceeds the value of the share ( we use Organicpricetracker.com to determine the most current market value of produce in our region). On occasion, products may be added to the box from other growers who utilize similar growing practices. In these instances the products will be labeled with the farm name where the products were sourced. Occasionally our other farm products such as goat milk soap or maple syrup may be used to round out the value of a box.
8) The growers guarantee that all produce included in the CSA share will be produced without the use of chemical pesticides and fertilizers. As a result, customers accept that not all produce will be cosmetically perfect.
9) A limited number of free range pastured eggs will be available for purchase each week. Customers are required to indicate by email if they would like to reserve eggs no later than 5pm on the day before delivery. Unreserved eggs will be made available for purchase at the pick up locations on a first come first serve basis. Eggs are not included in the weekly CSA fee and must be paid for at the time of pick up.
10) If for any reason the growers are not able to provide the full 20 weeks of CSA deliveries (for example, in the case of extreme weather conditions or natural disaster) customers will be refunded in full for the pre-paid shares they do not receive. Refunds will be made within 10 days of the final delivery.