The following terms apply to participation in the Tipsy Toad Grove Farm 2023 Community Shared Agriculture program. Please read and understand these terms before registering to purchase a share.
1) The 2023 Tipsy Toad Grove Farm Community Shared Agriculture program ( hereafter referred to as “the CSA”) will deliver one share of products weekly to each participant, for a total of 20 weeks at a cost of $30/week. Commencement of the deliveries is scheduled for late May, 2023, however the actual date will depend on weather and growing conditions.
4) Monthly payments will be due prior to, or on the day of, the first delivery of each month. Each monthly payment consists of the number of deliveries in the month x $30. Full season payments are due prior to or on the first day of delivery. The full season payment is $552. ($600 minus an 8% discount of $48).
4) Tipsy Toad Grove Farm ( hereafter referred to as “the growers”) will notify customers of the commencement date at least one week before the first CSA delivery is scheduled. An email will be sent to customers the night before deliveries are scheduled, as a reminder.
5) Deliveries will be made to the customer’s home or at a location mutually agreed upon. We reserve the right to refuse delivery to a location based on distance or safety concerns.
6) Tipsy Toad Grove Farm has moved to a packaging system for our produce that creates as little waste as possible. We package our CSA produce in reusable bags and utilize plastic bins as share boxes. In order to keep costs as low as possible we ask our customers to return these bags and bins each week so we can wash and reuse them.
6) It is the responsibility of the customer to be available for delivery as arranged. Deliveries can be left in a pre-determined spot by arrangement if the customer cannot be there to receive delivery. We will do our best to accommodate alternate delivery requests made at least 24 hours before the scheduled delivery.
7) The growers will make every effort to provide a selection of produce each week that meets or exceeds the value of the share based on the local market price of comparable items. On occasion, products may be added to the box from other growers who utilize similar growing practices. In these instances the products will be labeled with the farm name where the products were sourced. Occasionally our other farm products such as maple syrup may be used to round out the value of a box.
8) The growers guarantee that all produce included in the CSA share will be produced without the use of chemical pesticides and fertilizers. As a result, customers accept that not all produce will be cosmetically perfect.
9) A limited number of free-range eggs will be available for purchase each week. Customers are asked to indicate by email if they would like to reserve eggs no later than 5pm on the day before delivery. Unreserved eggs will be made available for purchase at delivery locations on a first-come first-serve basis. Eggs are not included in the weekly CSA fee and will be invoiced at the end of each month.
10) If unavoidable factors such as emergency or illness prevent the growers from fulfilling a weekly delivery, customers will be notified at the earliest possible time and the delivery season will be extended by a week. If the If 20 weeks of CSA deliveries cannot be fulfilled, customers will be refunded for the pre-paid shares they do not receive. Refunds will be made within 10 days of the time that the final delivery is determined.